Labels

Monday, August 8

Prophetically

"But yeah, I think all of my songs are either based on personal experience or will be based on personal experience, because I do write a lot of songs prophetically. Is that the right word for it? I write them before they happen, and then I make them happen."

That's the interview between Jens Lekman and Marc Hogan on October 8, 2007, posted in Pitchfork.com.

I do listen to the songs prophetically. I feel deeply connected with the songs I'm listening to.

Lekman mentioned,"Sometimes it's not like I write very specific like that, it's more like I add an atmosphere almost to something that might have been quite awkward in my mind from the beginning. Something has happened and I want to force myself to think of it in a more positive way. And then I force myself to write something that convinces me that this is actually something pretty good or something that I learned something valuable from."

Believe it or not, I'm having the same thoughts like him. I listen and force myself to think in more positive way. I want to believe that something good will happen to me. Most of the time, I will listen to positive songs not those cheesy dramatically end of the world songs. Because life is good:)

Now I present to you, my current addiction;
BROADCAST


No comments:

Post a Comment