Labels

Tuesday, January 31

Is it safe for women to travel in India?

I was working on the itinerary for my India trip, while my friend suddenly messaged me saying India it’s not safe for girls. She heard from her friends that there are many cases of women being molested and raped in India.

Here comes my dilemma, tour seems safer; nonetheless, I don’t really want to follow tour. There are some reasons why I don’t like to follow tour while traveling;

1. I want to experience the culture
2. I am not traveling for the sake of taking picture in the famous landmark
3. I want to explore the cities inside and out
4. Who needs tour guide? That’s so mainstream :P

I started to do a research on travel safety in India.

I can conclude that it is depend on you. Some might said that it’s not safe, but I found some useful tips for women traveling solo India.

- Dress properly. Do not wear anything that shows your body curve.
- As foreigners, you will attract more attention. Please be prepared of people staring at you.
- Use your common sense.
- Do not go out at night.
- Be polite and act like you know what you want.
- Do not accept food from strangers.
- Do not wear any jewelry that will attract more attention.
- Do not give money to the beggars.

Wish me luck.

Cheers!

1 comment: