Labels

Thursday, April 26

With Feathers

Thanks to torrent, I finally got to watch all the movies I’ve been searching for years.

The last few weeks, I was so depressed and stumbled into extreme self introspection period.

Then again, Woody Allen inspires me!

Towards the end of Manhattan, Woody Allen was having a monologue regarding “what makes life worth living.”

After the extreme self introspection period, this scene got me thinking all over again.

The things that make life worth living;

  1. Fall asleep in a bus/train/car that brings me to the place I’ve never visited before
  2. Visit from my old friends
  3. goodbye kiss from parents when they’re sending me off to the airport
  4. 9 hours train journey to Singapore with my favorite aquarian
  5. Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds
  6. Oscar Wilde
  7. Woody Allen
  8. The warm familiar smell of home
  9. The familiar smiles
  10. Food! French fries, cakes, desserts, chocolate, ice cream, etc etc
  11. hope for something and it comes true without any effort
  12. long distance calls
  13. spooning
  14. curling on the bed on Sunday mornings
  15. discovering new songs, books or movies
  16. postcard!
  17. reading other stories, about how messed up they were and now they’re having a good life.
  18. cooking
  19. having a conversation with myself
  20. being confused and scared for days and suddenly everything turns out to be just finee
  21. new places to explore
  22. arrival halls
  23. breezy days
  24. unexpected phone calls/messages
  25. kids! (esp aged 2-3 years old)
  26. great laughs
  27. The sense of hope

And how about you? What makes your life worth living?

No comments:

Post a Comment